Thursday, June 01, 2006

Buy A Piece Of Art



"A Girl's Best Friend" by Pete McKee
I first saw an exhibition of Pete McKee's work in Sheffield's Winter Gardens, and I fell in love with this painting on first sight.  I know it's silly, but the girl in the picture really reminds me of me, she's obviously into music, she's on the red wine, she has a dog, she's into fashion and she's looking out of the window at the sea (ok, so it might not be the sea, but I like to view it that way).
Once I got my first proper pay cheque from my first proper job in 2006, I decided to invest in a canvas print of it (sadly the original had already been sold to a buyer in London). I was terrified at the time as it was the largest amount I'd ever spent on anything, but it was well worth it as I still stare at it adoringly every day! My only regret is not having the proper one.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog © 2005. All rights reserved. Squids.